Sunday 8 January 2012

Impact of Technology on Health - How to Do a Digital Detox in 7 Easy Steps (You Can Do It!)

Have you ever heard of a "digital detox"? Many learned about it when American musician John Mayer completed a one-week detox in 2010, and encouraged his fans to Ericsson ED0-002 join him. Or perhaps you heard of "Digital Detox Week," a yearly April event promoted by Adbusters magazine that suggests cutting back on digital stimulation.
What exactly is a "digital detox"?
Also known as "technology detox," "digital cleanse," or even "e-tox," the idea is to simply clear your mind from over stimulation and information overload, and restore balance to your life. You know, that "healthy feeling."
Urban Dictionary defines "e-tox" as "detoxification from electronic and/or digital devices." Adbusters suggests Ericsson ED0-001 meditating on your relationship with your box, reflecting on slowing down, and reconnecting with reality during a detox.
But really, a detox is what you make it. You know yourself and your needs best. So, detox your way
Why detox?
Plain and simple, because too much of a good thing may not be a good thing.
Your "Why" may be different from mine. My recent 48-hour digital detox allowed my mind and body to rest more. I got to do various fun, relaxing things. Admittedly, I also wanted to put my relationship with technology to the test, and proof to myself that I am not an Internet addict (probably many of us aren't so sure!). Did my digital life control me, or did I control It
So what's in it for you
7 Steps to Make Your Digital Detox Easier
Of course, you can just plunge into it, or you can use any or all of these 7 tips to make your detox easier:
1) Choose a time period.
2) Decide on the 1Z0-895 terms.
3) Reduce temptation.
4) Tell others that you are detoxing.
5) Enlist help for the journey.
6) Just do it!
7) And now what?
I
Detoxing once may increase awareness and provide some relief, but it is unlikely to form a new habit. How healthy do you want to be? You can simply hit the detox Repeat button. The choice is yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.