Monday 26 December 2011

Clear Out Those Emails and Stop Being Pestered All the Time

If there's one thing that the recent break has helped me realise, it's just how much junk email I receive every single day that does nothing but interrupt my work. As there was 1Y0-A23 practice exam nobody sending me real
Thanks.Normally I don't notice them because when my phone beeps to tell me I've got something new to read, interspersed between the junk will be a real email that I can look at and respond to. I simply filter out the rubbish and carry on, but when there's going to be nobody emailing because their website had gone blue or their emails aren't coming through, then you suddenly realise something 'aint right.
Last Monday whilst enjoying a few drinks with friends, my phone beeped about ten times during the evening and each time it was because some website wanted to tell me that Dave had posted a reply to something I'd said just before Christmas. Well done Dave, your post has just interrupted my beer. Obviously it's not Dave's fault, he didn't know, he's not even in the UK so it's 1Y0-A04 practice exam probably breakfast where he is.
No, it's technology's fault, and it's our fault for not taking a hammer to the damn things when they begin to encroach on our life in ways that are simply not healthy. We need to rise up against the machine Luddite style and take back our calendars, reclaim our spare time and remember that life is made for living and not responding to beeps and whistles from the technology that follows us everywhere.
Just in case you're wondering where I'm going with this, don't panic, I'm not going suggest you throw your laptop out the window or burn your hard disks, no, there is an easier way that won't mean you're destroying equipment and bringing on the wrath of your insurance company.
Here are a few non-violent tips to help you on your way:
Unsubscribe from all those mailing lists
actually
Hit the 'SPAM' button
Stop signing up for stuff

Keeping your inbox clear of these things will do wonders for your sanity. Don't be a slave to the beep and 250-402 don't turn away from a conversation with someone who is actually buying you a beer to find out what some other person, that you've never met is trying to tell you.
2011 is the year of getting personal.
Join me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.