Sunday 25 December 2011

Why Is ADHD So Bad?

I don't get it, what is so bad about Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder that society is trying to constantly fix? I mean anybody who is doing something they don't want to do and doesn't really know why they are doing it, will get distracted CheckPoint 156-910.71 question and want to do something else.
No one tells you that all that extra energy you have, is a gift and you can do so much with it. Ok you need to focus your energy but really when you do, you are one powerful force to reckon with.
I think society is jealous of the gift called ADHD. I mean even in the name you have the word deficit and that's not a good word is it? Are they trying to convince you that you are something you're not.
Why didn't they call it Powerful Energy Reflecting From Every Cell Throughout, or PERFECT? That would be no good. They couldn't spend billions of dollars on pharmaceuticals and convince Citrix 1Y0-259 question you that you need fixing because you've got PERFECT, now that just wouldn't work would it?
Your memory may not be great but who wants to remember everything anyway. I have never found any problem with my memory when it is something I want to remember or find important enough to lock away. The only things I don't remember, are the ones I really didn't need to remember in the first place and really isn't that a gift, to not remember the unimportant stuff.
Some people have great memories and can tell you about every bad thing that has ever happened in their life. Talk about using a good tool for a bad purpose. I'm glad I don't remember every little bad thing from my past. I find it freeing, so I can concentrate on the now with an eye to the future.
Maybe it's time for a change in thinking about this label called ADHD and how it affects us. Don't be convinced it is a terrible thing you must fix, just look at it as a powerful tool that needs to be used correctly. If you have a chainsaw and just start swinging it around outside it isn't going to do much good, no matter how powerful and sharp it is. But with focus, you hold it against a piece of wood and it cuts through 250-700 easily for that was the job it was created to do.
Find the thing you were meant to do and put your energy behind it, you will be amazed with the results. You are PERFECT, you just didn't know it till now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.